Thursday, March 1, 2012

Laying out the patterns








I've been involved in the tedious task of laying out a mosaic pattern on a piece of paper. I layed down the pattern, and then used carbon copy paper to carefully get the pattern onto my piece of paper.



Once the pattern was on the paper, I then had to lay out the word "Recycle". In the end I'm going to have to cut out the word recycle, and I need to make sure that I don't have any metal pieces in the area that has to be cut. So, to insure that I can cut thru the final product, I laid the word out on top of the pattern. Again, using Carbon paper, I traced the word onto the paper.









Finally, once both guidelines were on the page, I actually colored in the paper with colored pencil. With these complex mosaic patterns, I have accidentally painted a square the wrong color before. When I previously worked in water color I made that unfortunate mistake. With glue, that could be a disastrous mistake. So, to prevent it, I colored in the paper. If you look closely you can see the lines for the word "recycle," but at this stage they are purposefully very light. Just so I can keep track of where I am in the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment