Friday, November 23, 2012

The storm and tornado

I've been working on some different art pieces.  I need to decompress from school so I've been doing things that really let me run free.  I ended up with paint and ink all over my arms and legs from these.  And that's a good thing.
This one is tentatively called the tornado.  I was thinking about the many things in life that we just can't control.  There are things in our lives that are like a force of nature.  Can't be stopped.  The best we can do is protect ourselves from their damage.

My daughter called this one "Raindrops".  It's a good name.  Painting with watercolors helps remind me that I'm not in charge.  I put the water colors on the page, and water colors have a mind of their own.  They run.  They bleed.  They mix with other colors on the page.   I always love watching how the painting changes as it dries.  I am enchanted at every stage of a water color painting. 

I guess I've been thinking alot about what I can control, what I can't.  Sometimes all I can do is put up boundaries.  Other times I simply have to accept that I'm not in charge.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment